Kia Makes Waves with Redesigned 2016 Optima
Kia Motors America (KMA) staged a media event in Las Vegas last week to showcase the redesigned, All-New 2016 Kia Optima. “Obsessively Crafted”, the Optima has been Kia’s best-selling vehicle for three years. The redesigned Optima bears the now recognizable design cues of President and Chief Design Officer Peter Schreyer and is being built in West Point, GA.
Vice-President of Product Planning, Orth Hedrick said, “The Optima changed the way people felt about the Kia brand, and KMA owes much of its growth and success to its head-turning design and sporty performance. “The all-new Optima retains the signature personality of its predecessor, but we’ve literally improved everything; providing more space, better ergonomics, more technology and greater refinement.” Because the of the Optima’s success and popularity, designers had to strike a balance between old and new.
Highlights of the Optima Redesign:
• Improved ride and handling
• Exquisite interior craftsmanship
• Three engine choices
• Five trim levels (LX, LX 1.6t, EX, SX, SXL)
• Bi-Xenon HID Headlights with available Dynamic Bending Lamps and High Beam Assist
• Expanded color palette
• Cutting edge UVO connectivity system (Geo-fencing, Speed Alert, Curfew Alert and Driving Score)
Pilot vehicle for Auto Android and Apple CarPlay
• Improved safety features
• Optional Harman/Kardon QuantumLogic Premium Surround Sound Audio System, with 10 speakers, Clari-Fi technology and an upgraded 630-watt digital amplifier.
Kelley Blue Book says, “The 2016 Kia Optima carries the weight of anticipation placed on its swept-back shoulders with great skill.”
We expect the 2016 Kia Optima to arrive in our showroom in October. Tell us what you think of the new Optima.