2020 Kia Cadenza Premium Luxury Sedan
The 2020 Kia Cadenza premium luxury sedan made its debut today at the Chicago Auto Show. Kia made significant exterior and interior design enhancements, added smart technology, improved ergonomics and a number of standard driver-assist technologies.
“The Cadenza continues to introduce new and luxury-minded customers to the Kia brand,” said Michael Cole, president, Kia Motors America (KMA). “We recognize there are many customers who don’t want or need an SUV, but still desire a vehicle with plentiful interior room and a large trunk. The Cadenza is the perfect choice for these people and the refreshed 2020 model is well-suited to their needs.”
When it goes on sale later this year, the 2020 Cadenza will be available in two trims: Technology and Limited.
- Redesigned hood and grille with deeper vertical waterfall fascia
- Standard multi-lens LED headlights with redesigned LED DRL lamps
- New lower front fascia with integrated turn signals
- Redesigned rear bumper and trunk lid
- New LED combination rear taillights
- Redesigned 18-inch (standard) and 19-inch wheels (available)
While the exterior design is the first thing many will notice, it’s on the inside that the 2020 Cadenza sees the most change. Interior design changes include:
- Completely redesigned dash and instrument cluster with relocated audio controls above the climate switchgear
- Standard 4.2-inch TFT color screen in the instrument panel
- New 12.3-inch touchscreen with multi-device Bluetooth®2 connectivity is standard
- New available multi-color ambient LED mood lighting (Limited only)
- Two new Nappa leather-trimmed seating colors: Saddle Brown and Gray, with Limited models offering quilted seat bolsters
- Three additional USB charging ports (one in the front passenger area, two in the rear seat)
- Enhanced 10-watt wireless fast-charging phone charger
- New standard Smart Key with remote Engine Start
For 2020, Drive Wise, Kia’s advanced suite of driver-assisted technology, sees a number of significant enhancements to the Cadenza. New standard features include:
- New standard “Sensor Fusion” combines Forward Collision Warning, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with pedestrian/cyclist detection, Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go and High Beam Assist3
- Lane Following Assist follows visible lane markings or a preceding vehicle and provides steering inputs to maintain the vehicle’s position in the lane3
- Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist – Rear with Lane Change Assist3
- Highway Driving Assist uses federal highway speed limit information to automatically adjust vehicle speed to be within the posted speed limit3
- Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control – Curve uses navigation data to lower the vehicle’s speed proactively before upcoming curves3
- Safe Exit Assist alerts the driver or passenger opening their door to not exit the vehicle when approaching traffic is detected4
Powered by the same smooth 3.3-liter V6 from last year, the all-aluminum engine delivers 290 horsepower to the front wheels through an 8-speed electronically controlled Sportmatic transmission. NVH improvements for 2020 include reinforced rear sub-frame cross members and resonator wheels (19-inch only) that help to reduce road noise entering the cabin. Redesigned shock valves reduce vibration and larger rear dampers improve rebound over rough surfaces.
If you would like to receive updates on the 2020 Cadenza’s release date and pricing, please use the form below.