2023 Kia Sportage
The 5th generation 2023 Kia Sportage represents a significant change. The Sportage is Kia’s oldest nameplate. Developed as part of Kia’s new global brand transformation, “Movement that Inspires,” the 2023 Kia Sportage subcompact SUV delivers for adventurous and eco-conscious drivers.
Kia’s “Opposites United” design philosophy blends futuristic yet rugged design elements and the new Sportage employs it beautifully. The new Sportage stands out in a sea of lookalike subcompact SUVs. Significantly larger, more capable and powerful, and targeted to be more fuel-efficient, the model debuts a number of Sportage firsts including an available dual panoramic curved digital display. The model will feature X-Line, Sportage X-Pro trim, and electrified versions.
- Dual panoramic curved 12.3-inch display screens
- Best-in-class rear-seat legroom and rear cargo capacity that’s the largest in the segment
- The comprehensive trim lineup includes LX, EX, SX, SX-Prestige, X-Line, Sportage X-Pro, and X-Pro Prestige.
- More power via new 2.5-liter I-4 engine with new 8-speed automatic transmission and targeted 187 HP
- Targeted 8-percent better fuel economy despite larger overall size4
- Eight standard Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), including newly available features such as 360° Surround View Monitor with 3D View and live feed Blind-Spot View Monitor within the instrument cluster.
The Sportage delivers something for everyone, with a diverse lineup that allows drivers to venture further into nature with off-road-ready features including all-terrain tires and optional AWD among other elements. Following in Sorento’s footsteps, the Sportage will also be available in a hybrid version.
Underpinned by the same all-new 3rd generation “N3” platform found in the Sorento, the chassis provides a rigid base and aims to offer better driving dynamics, minimized road, wind, and engine noise. via greater application of sound-absorbing and insulating materials
With several enticing variants to come, the 2023 Sportage will help build Kia’s reputation in electrification, while also strengthening the brand’s commitment to building rugged and capable SUVs. Following in the footsteps of the Sorento, the Sportage will also be available in a hybrid version.
- Floating tiger-nose grille above blacked-out grille graphic that spans the entire width of the front fascia
- Distinct “boomerang” daytime running lights
- The crisp shoulder line rises from the hood and runs down the side, adding more volume to the overall shape
- Muscular shoulders around the rear flow into futuristic “notch-shaped” taillights, which are seamlessly connected by a thin black graphic across the tailgate
- Inspired by high-end outdoor products, furniture, and modern architecture, the Sportage’s interior is a new concept for Kia, transforming the cabin into a pleasant living space, complete with near-luxury.
The Sportage offers a wide array of standard and available infotainment options to keep drivers connected, confident, and informed.
Futuristic driver cockpit with available dual panoramic curved display seamlessly connects two screens for nearly 25-inches of digital bliss (12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, 12.3-inch infotainment screen)
- Standard Android Auto8 and Apple CarPlay
- Intuitive new touchpad with climate and audio controls sits beneath infotainment screen; switching between functions changes what physical knobs do, whether it’s controlling temperature or adjusting the volume
- Available 360-degree Surround-View Monitor with a 3D view provides a bird’s-eye view of vehicle surroundings
- Available Harman Kardon premium audio system
- Multi-connection Bluetooth
- Personalized profile that can be set up to remember climate and infotainment preferences, phone connection pairings, etc.
- Available wireless charging pad built inside the upper tray
- Available Kia Connect services provide advanced embedded connectivity to take the customer experience to an all-new level:
- A Sportage first, the Wi-Fi Hotspot connects up to five devices to 4G LTE-based internet
- Includes over the air map updates for eligible vehicles
- Refreshed Kia Access App with newly added compatibility through Apple- and Android-based smartwatches to access features like remote climate control, door lock/unlock and more16
- Peace of mind with the recently introduced stolen vehicle tracking and immobilization capability
- Connected Routing: Cloud-based system calculates the optimal route using real-time maps and predicted traffic info based on historical information and AI to learn the preferred routes of users
- Smart Speaker Integration lets customers use Amazon Alexa17 or Google Assistant18 enabled smart speakers or devices to remotely control some functions
There’s no shortage of standard Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. Even at the base LX level, drivers will appreciate the convenience of having some of Kia’s most technologically advanced systems.
- Driver Attention Warning
- LED Headlights with High Beam Assist
- Lane Following Assist (LFA): Helps detect lane markings and vehicles ahead and provides steering inputs to help center the vehicle in the lane
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA): Helps detect lane markings and provides steering inputs to help prevent the vehicle from leaving the lane while driving
- Forward Collision-Avoidance (FCA) with Cyclist detection capability: Warns if there is risk of a collision with a vehicle, pedestrian, or cyclist in front of the vehicle while driving and may automatically assist with braking
- Rear Occupant Alert (ROA)22: Provides a warning to the driver to check the rear seat before exiting the vehicle
- Rear View Monitor (RVM) with Dynamic Parking Guidance: Provides a view of behind the vehicle, with guidelines that adjust to follow the direction the vehicle is turning
- Reverse Parking Distance Warning (PDW-R): Detects certain objects behind the vehicle, issuing an audible warning when an obstruction is detected. The warning tone chimes faster as the vehicle gets closer to the detected object
Most Sportage trims will now be assembled in the U.S., alongside the award-winning Telluride, Sorento, and K5 at Kia’s manufacturing plant in West Point, Georgia. If you would like more information or to be notified when the 2023 Sportage arrives, please complete the form below.