Enhanced 2019 Kia Optima Offers Compelling Drive
A refreshed 2019 Kia Optima which debuted at the New York International Auto Show (NYAIS) offers a compelling drive. “Inspired to Move You”, the 2019 Optima is now available and places among the best of midsize sedans. The 2019 Optima enhancements include more Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), a new UVO infotainment strategy, ambient LED interior lighting, European-inspired red and black two-tone sports leather-trimmed seats, alloy wheel choices and an exciting new Passion Red color.
Optima’s new sportier styling is punctuated with a striking front and rear fascia.
- LX Trim: Stinger-inspired LED daytime running lights, 16-inch alloy wheel design, and matte gray-finish grill
- S Trim: Projection beam fog lamps, LED taillights, dual exhaust, sport side sills with gloss black trim, a gloss-black grill and 18-inch alloy wheels. Standard push-button start, smart key, smart trunk and power front windows with auto up/down functionality add convenience.
- EX Trim: Turbocharged 178-horsepower engine with 7-speed dual clutch transmission with an adaptive Smart Shift drive mode, leather heating surfaces with front seat heaters, a 17-inch alloy wheel design and Smart Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go. Available option includes ambient multicolor interior lighting.
- SX and SX Limited Trims: Redesigned 18-inch wheels are standard, LED fog lights, ambient interior lighting, sport steering wheel, Smart Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go functionality. The SX features available European-styled red and black two-tone sport leather-trimmed seats, panoramic roof, a Harman Kardon premium audio system with UVO link with Navigation, heated steering wheel, gloss black door pillars and side moldings, and a sport bumper with LED fog lamps. The SXL is available with a two-tone bronze and black interior with Nappa leather seating surfaces.
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
ADAS technologies are standard across the Optima lineup designed to help you avoid a collision or minimize its impact.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
UVO Telematics and Infotainment
The 2019 Optima is the first model in Kia’s lineup to feature a restructured UVO system with an easy-to-understand tiered system.
- UVO play is standard on the LX. Featuring Apple CarPlay®and Android Auto™ capability, UVO play tethers the user’s compatible smartphone to the Optima’s audio system through a USB cable. Via voice recognition, drivers may use their compatible Apple or Android smartphones for navigation, to make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music all in a way that allows the driver to stay more focused on driving.
- UVO link, standard equipment on S, and EX models offer an extended suite of connected-car security and convenience features. UVO link includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support and adds features such as on-demand diagnostics, maintenance alerts, vehicle alarm notifications, geo-fencing and speed alerts, plus convenience features such as remote start with HVAC control, remote lock/unlocking, and remote activation of the horn and lights.
- The top-tier UVO link with Navigation available on the EX with Premium Package and standard on the SX and SXL. Standard with all the features in UVO play and UVO link, UVO link with Navigation adds MY POIs and Map Care, which allows for two free map updates per year.
Kelly Blue Book says, “The 2019 Kia Optima is an impressive everyday sedan. It’s well built, quiet and composed, with good driving manners and easy-to-use interior controls.”