Five Doors of Fun: Kia Rio Hatchback
The small but mighty Kia Rio 5-Door packs a lot of fun into a practical hatchback. The Rio 5-Door delivers a fun-to-drive feel thanks to a lively inline 4-cylinder engine, a 6-speed automatic transmission and Motor Driven Power Steering.
Staying connected on the go is a piece of cake. Standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ come standard as does a 7-inch touch screen color display with rear camera. With Kia’s UVO eServices, Roadside Assistance, Maintenance and a Parking Minder are at your fingertips.
Rio’s standard 60/60 split-folding rear seats offer plenty of flexible passenger and cargo combinations. And IIHS named Rio a Top Safety Pick and it is one of the most fuel-efficient cars in this segment.
In short you get a great deal of value with the Rio-5 Door starting at only $16,790.
- Starting at $16,690 MSRP*
- 6L Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) 4-cylinder engine with 120-horsepower
- 33 city / 31 hwy / 36 combined MPG**
- Standard Intelligent Variable Transmission
- Standard 60/40 split-folding rear seat
- Available UVO eServices Infotainment System w/7-inch touch screen, Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™
- Optional Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Standard Bluetooth® wireless technology and Rear-Camera Display
The Rio-5 has also earned praise from automotive critics. “The work put into the Rio to eliminate various economy car traits has paid off handsomely, with a capable and quiet hatch that puts an impressive distance between itself and the Kias of just five years ago. This is a segment that has been difficult to get right even for automakers such as Toyota and Honda, whose bread and butter has been minimalist A-to-B cars for a far longer amount of time.” – Autoweek
Rio is also offered as a four-door sedan.