Know Your Kia Warranty
Kia warranty coverage is an industry-leading 10-year or 100,000-mile warranty program. Kia’s confidence in the quality of its vehicles makes it easy to offer this extensive coverage.
The Kia warranty is governed by Kia Motors not individual dealerships. We perform warranty work at no charge to the customer. We then file a claim for reimbursement with Kia. We must honor the terms and conditions of the warranty program as specified by Kia.
The Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program consists of:
- 10-year/100,000- mile limited powertrain warranty
- the powertrain consists of internal engine and transmission components, wheel bearings, axles, and numerous other components.
- 5-year/60,000-mile limited basic warranty
- Covers manufacturer defects in workmanship, and materials. It does not cover maintenance or wear and tear items.
- 5-year/100,000- mile limited anti-perforation warranty
- 5-year/60,000 – roadside assistance plan
Understanding your warranty coverage is important. It does not cover maintenance such as oil changes, filters, tires, belts and brakes; although it is advised that you adhere to the recommended maintenance schedule for these to keep your warranty intact.
This is supplementary information in addition to the basic warranty schedule provided above:
- Coverage exists for either the years or mileage, whichever comes first
- The 5-year/60,000-mile basic warranty covers basically everything except maintenance, wear-and-tear and outside influence to your vehicle. This warranty is transferable if you sell your vehicle.
- Your audio system is covered for 3-years/36,000 miles
- Exterior paint is covered for 3-years/36,000 miles
- Federal Emissions Warranty 8 years/80,000 miles
- The 10-year/100,000-mile does not transfer if you sell the vehicle
In addition, there are other types of services covered by Kia.
Recalls—If a vehicle has reported safety issues, the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration (NHTSA) will work with a vehicle manufacturer to resolve the issue. Manufacturers may choose to voluntarily address the issue or NHTSA may mandate a recall if the problem is serious or widespread.
Product Improvement Campaigns—a manufacturer intervention to offset the possibility of a mechanical concern.
Service Action Updates are also covered by the warranty program. You may have your vehicle serviced at an independent shop or do your own maintenance. We strongly advise that you have service performed at a Kia dealership annually so you receive any available service action updates for your vehicle. Unlike recalls, consumers are not notified of their availability. These are minor tweaks that improve the functionality of an individual component. It is important that you get these updates performed for optimal vehicle performance.
We hope that you never have a need to use your warranty coverage, but if you do our Service Department is well-positioned to perform the work and handle the claim with Kia. If you have any questions regarding your warranty, please call 843.573.4995 and ask to speak to one of our Service Consultant or complete the form below.
Kia Country serves the Greater Charleston, SC area. If you live outside this (region please contact your local Kia dealer or Kia Motors America.