Make the Most of a Test Drive
Make the most of a test drive as it is likely to be the last step before you purchase a car. It is very important to make sure it meets the needs of the primary driver and other family members who may be secondary drivers or passengers.
If at possible, Schedule your Test Drive. If available, our Internet Sales team will have the exact model and trim level you are considering waiting at the front door when you arrive. One of our Product & Technology Specialists will provide a “walkaround” tour of the vehicle before you drive.
Once you get into the car use this checklist:
- Make sure the vehicle has all of the features and options you want
- Know where the controls are for the wipers, radio, and headlights before you drive
- Adjust the seat, steering wheel, rear view, and side mirrors for comfort and maximum visibility
- See how the front passenger and rear seats will accommodate your family, car seats, and pets or any other needs you may have. If possible, bring the entire family and test this firsthand
- Test drive the vehicle on both highway and city streets
- Check your blind spots
- Check the brakes
- Check the turning radius
- Parallel park the car
If possible, test drive all models you are considering on the same day and take notes of what you liked about each vehicle. Our Product Specialists have detailed knowledge about Kia vehicles and will answer all of your questions, provide reviews and information from independent automotive experts. A test drive is one of the most important steps in buying a car and we look forward to providing you with the best possible experience. Remember, it doesn’t matter what it costs or how great of a deal it appears to be if you aren’t comfortable driving it or it doesn’t meet your needs.