Introducing the 2021 Kia Seltos
In early February, the all-new 2021 Kia Seltos will make its debut in U.S. based Kia showrooms in early February with a starting price below $22,000. The name is derived from “Celtos”, the son of Hercules in Greek mythology. Rugged, refined and right-sized, the Seltos will join Kia’s award-winning SUV lineup. It is larger than the Soul and smaller than the Sportage, with Telluride levels of refinement.
The Seltos is an SUV with attitude perfect for in-town driving on weekend wilderness adventures. It borrows from the Telluride design them. Key design cues include:
- Long wheelbase and hood for a robust and substantial look
- Harmonized grille and headlamp design featuring full LED “Beat” lighting
- Front and rear skid plates and black wheel arch cladding reference off-road abilities
- Sleek and tapering greenhouse conveys athleticism
- Eye-catching red wheel center caps hint at performance
- Tailgate garnish connects rear lamps to create a sense of width and stability
- Eye-catching 17-, and 18-inch alloy wheels
The Seltos delivers a tremendous amount of space comfort. Even back seat passengers will get to stretch out thanks to the rear reclining feature. And while they’re kicked back and relaxing, you can lower the rear luggage board to increase cargo space. When there’s nobody in the back and you need some extra room for larger items, fold the rear seat down and lift the luggage board for a flat loading surface allowing expansive cargo volume. Whichever way you fold it, split it or lift it, the Seltos is a leader in its class when it comes to space and versatility.
The Seltos’ interior design includes:
- A cabin crafted with meticulous attention to detail helps Seltos punch above its weight class
- Wide instrument panel has a high-tech feel with an asymmetrical design
- Spacious and versatile cabin with generous hip, shoulder, leg and head room
- An abundance of cargo space that can be expanded by lowering the adjustable luggage board
Drivetrain & Engineering
Seltos is engineered to deliver a comfortable, capable and confidence-inspiring experience for both driver and passengers.
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder MPI engine producing 146 horsepower and 132 lb.-ft. of torque, managed by an Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT) (LX, S and EX)
- 1.6-liter Turbo GDI engine outputting 175 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque, paired with a 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) (S and SX)
- MacPherson strut front suspension; Coupled Torsion Beam Axle (CTBA) rear suspension on front-wheel drive models and Multi-link rear suspension on all-wheel drive models
- Strong and rigid body composed of 61 percent advanced high-strength steel and further enhanced with 374 feet of structural adhesives
- Choice of three drive modes – Normal, Eco, Sport – each using specific settings for powertrain, drivetrain and steering mapping to provide the desired driving experience
- Available active on-demand all-wheel drive1 (AWD) system, similar in technological design to the award-winning Telluride, provides all-weather capabilities and enhanced driving performance with a center locking differential that splits power equally between the front and rear wheels for more severe environments. The AWD system also makes use of torque vectoring, which increases traction by predicting which wheel will best utilize power in a given on-road situation. This enhances stability in corners and gives the vehicle more connection to the road.
Connectivity, Safety, and Driver Assistance
Seltos is packed with technology features, including the “Kia Drive Wise” suite of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems as well as a wide array of standard and optional equipment. Tech highlights include:
- Available 10.25-inch high-resolution color touchscreen3 with satellite radio, UVO telematics, navigation and split-screen display.
- First time in Kia available 8-speaker Bose2 premium sound system
- Apple CarPlay4 and Android Auto5
- Available wireless smartphone charging6
- Available three total USB charging ports
- Available multi-Bluetooth7 wireless connectivity allows two phones to connect simultaneously
- Available Kia Drive Wise Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) including Blind Spot Collision Warning & Collision Avoidance Assist, Driver Attention Warning, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, Highway Driving Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping and Lane Following Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist & Rear-Occupant Alert, Smart Cruise Control, and Safe Exist Assist
Seltos will be available in limited to production in February. Follow us on Facebook for further news and announcements or register for updates by completing the form below.