Step-by-Step: Change a Tire
These step-by-step instructions will be helpful if you need to change a tire. If you drive in Charleston, SC you are familiar with potholes and road hazards that can lead to a flat tire.
You can call Kia Roadside Assistance 1-800-333-4KIA for help. You can also change the tire yourself. It’s a relatively simple process.
Everything you need should be in your vehicle:
- Spare tire
- Lug wrench
- Move your vehicle off the road
- Turn on your hazard lights
- Engage the parking brake
- Remove the wheel cover or hubcap
- Use the lug wrench to loosen the nuts before using the jack
- Refer to your Owner’s Manual for jack placement; some vehicles have a mark. It is generally about a foot from the tire.
- Raise your vehicle with the jack about 3-4” off the ground
- Remove the lug nuts and put them in a safe place
- Remove the flat tire
- Mount the spare tire
- Replace and tighten the lug nuts
- Lower the vehicle back to the ground
We recommend that you do not drive more than 50 miles on a spare tire and do not drive at high speeds. We also suggest that you have your spare tire checked when you come in for service to make sure it is properly inflated if you need it.
You can order a replacement tire at CharlestonKia.com or call our Parts Specialists at 943.573.9855.
Kia Country serves the Greater Charleston, SC area. If you live outside this region, please contact Kia America or your local Kia dealership with any questions.