Understanding Kia Warranty Coverage
Kia warranty coverage is an industry-leading 10-year or 100,000-mile warranty program. Kia’s confidence in the quality of its vehicles makes it easy to offer this extensive coverage.
The Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program consists of:
- 10-year/100,000- mile limited powertrain warranty
- 5-year/60,000-mile limited basic warranty
- 5-year/100,000- mile limited anti-perforation warranty
- 5-year/60,000 – roadside assistance plan
Understanding your warranty coverage is important. It does not cover maintenance such as oil changes, filters, tires, belts and brakes; although it is advised that you adhere to the recommended maintenance schedule for these to keep your warrant intact.
This is supplementary information in addition to the basic warranty schedule provided above:
- Coverage exists for either the years OR mileage, whichever comes first
- The 5-year/60,000-mile basic warranty covers basically everything except maintenance, wear-and-tear and external damage to your vehicle. This warranty is transferable if you sell your vehicle.
- Your audio system is covered for 3-years or 36,000 miles
- By federal law, the main computer or electronic control module in all vehicles is covered for 8-years or 80,000 miles
- The 10-year/100,000-mile coverage goes above and beyond the 5-year basic warranty to include the powertrain, internal engine combustion, internal engine transmission, wheel bearings and axels. It is NOT transferable.
We hope that you never have a need to use your warranty coverage, but if you do our Service Department is well-positioned to perform the work and handle the claim with Kia. If you have any questions regarding your warranty, please call 843.573.4995 and ask to speak to one of our Service Managers or complete the form below.