Heating and Cooling Services
Kia Country offers services to keep your car’s heating and cooling operating in peak condition. Your vehicle’s heating and cooling system
- Keeps your engine from overheating in the summer
- Prevent your engine from freezing in the winter
- Coolant is used to prevent damage to your engine
Most of the energy from standard gasoline combustion engines is converted into heat and your car’s cooling system dissipates that heat and keeps the engine from overheating. The radiator and its reservoir hold coolant, a 50/50 mix of coolant and water that circulates through the engine and keeps it from overheating and/or freezing. Over time, the coolant becomes acidic and allows rust and corrosion to build up in the radiator. Build-up may also clog the system and result in a blown head gasket or other major repairs.
We offer two types of coolant services:
- Partial replacement–drain half the fluid and replace with new coolant
- A complete fluid exchange which pulls coolant not only from the radiator but from the engine block and heating system where it can also accumulate (recommended)
A periodic coolant system check-up and fluid replacement is recommended every 45-60K miles.