Value Your Trade
At Kia Country of Charleston, We Make It Easy to buy a car. One way we make that goal achievable for our Charleston customers is by offering a hassle-free way to sell their used cars. Not everyone has the time or desire to become a private party seller, and that’s where Kia Country of Charleston comes in. We will buy your car, so you don’t have to worry about posting ads or screening buyers. Then, we’ll help you put your car’s value toward the new or pre-owned vehicle you truly want.
Get an Instant Offer to Sell or Trade Your Car
We’ll Buy Yours, Even if You Aren’t Buying Ours
We Will Beat Any CARMAX Offer by $300
Kia Country has a high demand for quality pre-owned vehicles. We will pay top dollar if you trade your car for one of ours. And, we will buy your car, even if you aren’t buying one of ours.
- How to Sell or Trade Your Car
Complete the Value Your Trade Form to Get a Fair Market Estimate
- Schedule an Appraisal Appointment or visit our Showroom at 2361 Savannah Highway. Expect the appraisal to take at least 30 minutes. Our trained, expert appraisers will conduct a thorough interior/exterior inspection of your car and use independent valuation tools, your vehicle history report and local market data to assess the value of your vehicle.
- Receive an Offer. There’s no pressure or obligation. We will provide you with a written offer that is valid for 7 days.
- Finalize the Sale. You will need the following documentation: Title, Loan #/Payoff Information, Photo ID, Keys. If we are purchasing your car you will receive a check if, during business office hours, Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm.
- How to Sell or Trade Your Car
What is the Trade-In Value of My Car?
You may use our handy Value Your Trade calculator, to get an estimated trade-in value for your vehicle from the comfort of your home or office. Enter the basic information requested about your car into the value your trade-in calculator, as well as your contact information, and get an estimate right away. You can cross-reference the estimate using trusted resources, such as Kelley Blue Book and Edmunds True Market Value®. Keep in mind, there are a few factors that affect trade-in value, including:
- Mechanical condition
- Car features
- Exterior/Interior condition
- Market demand and availability
How Do You Trade in a Car?
After you’ve received your trade estimate, it’s time for an appraisal of your vehicle. Our Charleston dealership’s expert appraisers will examine the condition of your car and make sure it’s a good fit for our used car inventory. When you visit for your car’s appraisal, be sure to bring your trade-in estimate.
Once we’ve examined your car, you can negotiate or accept our offer and finalize the sale. We pride ourselves on offering the fairest possible offer on trade-in vehicles, aiming to make the trade-in process transparent and simple. In fact, there are a couple of major advantages to selling your car to a dealership, including:
- We encourage our customers to always do their own research to make sure they’re getting the most reasonable trade-in offers.
- Can you trade in a car you if still have an outstanding loan balance? You can with a dealership. If you’re upside down on your car loan, you can consolidate what’s owed on your current car with the price of your new ride.
Value Your Trade-In: FAQs
Q: Can you trade in a financed car?
A: Yes, you can. If you have positive equity on the car, meaning it’s worth more than what you currently owe, you can trade it. Kia Country will purchase the car and pay off the loan, then apply the balance toward the new vehicle price, giving you a major advantage. If you have negative equity on the car or worth less than what you currently owe, we may still buy the car and pay off the loan, but any difference will be rolled into your new car loan.
Q: How soon can you trade in a financed car?
A: It’s a good idea to wait until you have positive equity.
Q: What does it mean to be “upside down” on a car loan?
A: Being “upside down” on a car loan is the same thing as having negative equity. If, for example, you owe $30,000 on a car that’s worth $25,000, you have negative equity.
Q: Can I trade in my car for a cheaper car?
A: If you still owe money on the car, you can trade it in for a cheaper one. If, for example, you owe $15,000 and the car is worth $20,000, the dealer can purchase the car as a trade-in, pay off the loan, and put the $5,000 toward your new auto loan as equity. If you don’t owe money on the car and own it outright, there’s nothing stopping you from trading it in for a cheaper car; you can do what you’d like with it.
Make Kia Country of Charleston Your Automotive Partner Today!
If you have questions about how to trade in a car that is paid off, or how to get the best possible offer, don’t hesitate to contact us online or give us a call at 843-573-2300. While you’re here, be sure to browse our current new and pre-owned car specials to start shopping for your next great offer near Charleston!